Leading up to and since the premier of Fox’s new show Empire, actor Terrence Howard’s name has been on the tip of many tongues. Some love him and some don’t but there are some things you many not know about the actor. The media has covered his messy divorces and allegations against him about domestic violence. Most recently, it was reported that the actor was expecting his fourth child with his third wife.
Below are seven things you may not know about the actor:
1. In addition to being an actor, Howard is also a singer and songwriter. In 2008 the actor released an album titled Shine Through It and he was either the write or co-writer of every single song in the album. In the movie Hustle & Flow, he performed all the tracks himself for his character and even won the Academy Award for Best Original Song at the 78th Academy Awards for the song It’s Hard Out Here for a Pimp.
2. In 2012 Howard was awarded a Doctorate of Humane Letters from South Carolina State University in 2012 which means he is Dr. Terrence Howard.
3. Even though he has spent most of his life being an entertainer, Howard thinks of himself as an engineer. He studied engineering and was only three credits short of getting his degree when he dropped out.
4. He is a grandfather. His daughter Aubrey had a baby in December 2012, his first grandchild.
5. His children were raised as Jehovah’s Witnesses. Even though Howard’s first wife was Jewish, they raised their children as Jehovah’s Witnesses. Howard even stated that he too wanted to be a Jehovah’s Witnesses.
6. Howard first entered the entertainment world in 1992 playing Jackie Jackson in ABC miniseries, The Jacksons: An American Dream.
7. The Empire star is an honorary member of Phi Beta Sigma fraternity. He was inducted into the fraternity in 2010.
What other little-known facts can you add to the list?