Post By RelatedRelated Post
Tyra Lynne Banks has many talents to add to her list of accolades including media personality, actress, singer, model and entrepreneur. Banks is the creator and host of the UPN/The CW reality television show. America’s Next Top Model, co-creator of True Beauty, and once hosted her own talk show, The Tyra Banks Show. While these are are things most people know about Tyra Banks, here’s some things you may not know.
1. Tyra Banks was left embarrassed after strapping in to a lie-detector machine on an episode of her talk show. When asked if she was jealous of Oprah Winfrey, she said no, but was called out by the machine.
2. Tyra Banks has a difficult time saying the word “frighteningly”.
3. Tyra’s favorite television shows include Heroes, Will & Grace, and Daily Show With Jon Stewart.
4. Tyra Banks admires Oprah, Jay Leno, Isiah Thomas, and Cindy Crawford.
5. Tyra is allergic to dogs but she still likes Beagles.
6. Tyra Banks has a fear of dolphins.
7. Tyra’s favorite sports are basketball and tennis but her main hobby is boxing.
8. At the age of 20, Tyra was the first black woman be signed by a cosmetic company.
9. Tyra’s friends used to call her “The Black Widow” because she would break up with men she was dating before they could break up with her.
10. Tyra does not drink alcohol.
11. Tyra’s eye color is greenish-brown.
12. Tyra was chosen as one of People Magazine’s annual ‘100 Most Beautiful People in the World’ in May 2007.
13. Tyra’s nickname is BBQ.
14. Tyra deferred college and spent the majority of ’92 modeling in Paris for the likes of Chanel, Ralph Lauren, Yves St. Laurent and Oscar de la Renta.
15. Oprah Winfrey helped Tyra start her talk show, The Tyra Banks Show which premiered in September 2005.