A baby was crying on an airplane, allegdly leading to a passenger yelling, “shut that n****r baby up.” Then, the man allegedly slapped the baby in the face as the flight prepared to land in Atlanta.  The incident allegedly occurred during a Delta Airlines flight heading toward Atlanta this week.   Joe Rickey Hundley, 60, is being charged with simple assault, according to a U.S. District Court affidavit.

Oddly enough, Hundley is of an aircraft parts manufacturer in Ohio.

Hundley is denying his use of the slur and saying that he didn’t slap the child or use the slur.  He does admit that he asked the mother to quiet down the child.   He also admitted that he was so distraught that he took a drink of liquor during the flight.

As detailed by FBI Agent Daron Cheney says that Hundley was seated next to Jessica Bennett and her two-year-old son.  The woman says that the plan was in its final descent and that the child started to cry because of the shift in altitude.  She says that was when the man called the baby by the slur and slapped him“with an open hand, which caused the juvenile victim to scream even louder.”

She says the baby has a scratch below his right eye to prove it.

Todd Wooten, a passenger on the plane, said he “heard derogatory language coming from the rear of the aircraft” and went to help.  He also saw the man strike the baby.

Hundley was charged this week with simple assault, and if convicted, can get up to one year in prison. This is not the first time he was arrested.  In 2007, Hundley was charged with simple assault, carrying a concealed weapon, and public intoxication in an incident that involved his girlfriend.  He eventually pleaded to a lesser charge.

146 Responses to “SHUT THAT N*GGER BABY UP” Man Allegedly Screams After Slapping Baby On Airplane

1. Allen February 15, 2013 at 4:51 pm

What is simple assault? Wtf

2. Toni February 17, 2013 at 12:25 am

OOh that’s a no no he deserve a good old a** kicking one for using the word N**** and putting his hand on someone son. Really why is it that white people think they have so much authority to call us ugly names, shoot our children and men, rape, and put their filthy hands on our children. Where is the justice in “OUR” America? If we don’t see respect for our president h**l what make us think white will respect us? They(some) are totally out of control and it’s not right!

3. marcus davis February 17, 2013 at 12:33 am

They would have been carrying his dead a*s of the plane had he put his hand on my child.

4. J.D. Hill February 17, 2013 at 12:35 am

Sounds like hate crime to me!

However, it just might mitigate matters if this dummy would set up a $100K college fund for the baby and give his mother another $100K for mental anguish.

• HiRoader2 February 18, 2013 at 8:54 pm

YES!!! That sounds like a “plea bargain” in the right direction.. $200.thousand each for the “allegedly ” defenseless child & defenseless mother… Let’s go even better and do a Samuel L Jackson number and our eyes & imagine this child & mother was white., “allegedly “…

5. Super Sis February 17, 2013 at 10:12 am

The mother of the baby was too kind to that man. These kinds of incidents are not unusual …even though some folks try to tell us that we are living in “post racial” America.

I know a Black woman who riding on a bus with her 2 young sons…and a White man started harassing them. She told the man to “shut the h**l up !!!!” (several times). But he only got worse and started calling her kids… “little n-i-g-g-e-r-s). Well…this mother went LIVE on that man and started yelling and put on a scene until the bus driver had to stop the bus. The driver kicked the man off the bus. Sometimes DRAMA is required.

ROSA PARKS did things in a different way too…but she did not put up with being insulted.

Suggested books = LIBERTY’S LEGACY….and
    AMAZING ANCESTORS (amazon.com)

6. coast cooker February 17, 2013 at 10:24 am

I would have put my foot so far up his azz until his breath would smell like shoe leather..

7. Ruth Carol Taylor (google that) February 17, 2013 at 11:11 am

This is just one more argument for testing EVERYone with the http://www.racismtest.org !!!
    See, Victoria, what we have here is a failure to communicate that we all’ve been conditioned by an institutionally racist/colorist society, including that colorist miseducation system!
    If anyone is seriously interested in cleansing our society of racism/colorism, it is urgently required of us to ferret out the ‘colorism disease’ with action. I’m just not convinced that the majority of the public gives a d**n about the injustice of treating others on the basis of their color rather than their character. Colorism reigns, apparently. Alas…
    Ruth Carol Taylor (google this)
    First Black U.S.A. Flight Attendant
    reference: caroltaylorword.blogspot.com

8. a good Cracker February 17, 2013 at 11:29 am

He needs a good a*s kicking and jail time. It was a hate crime, assault of a baby and his mother..

9. elrancho2 February 17, 2013 at 11:44 am

I may be wrong but these kinds of incidents seem to be occurring more frequently and I believe it’s simply the latent and deeply embedded racism in so much of white America and the reaction to having a black President. These people are weak, frightened and feel inadequate – which they are.

10. AquaBlu February 17, 2013 at 12:14 pm

There is no doubt in my mind that it took Steward flight attendance as well as probably every man and woman on that plane to hold that woman from kicking that Bipolar White Sheet wearing KKK A** ,but here’s the deal. Fighting never solves anything , although she would have been well within her rights to defend her innocent child.
    However: Jessica Bennett if you want to make an example of this idiot then
    Follow these simple instructions:

1. Sue him for: (a.) Assault and Battery and Defamation of character it is a legal claim
    you can bring in order to sue someone for making false negative statements about you. It
    is a civil suit. (b) Sue the airline for being assaulted on there private property and for the
    lack of security of the passengers .

2. investigate all his possessions, Trust, businesses, etcetera.

3. Press charges and retain the best attorney money can buy.

4.Last but not least demand a public apology and one in witting. Call all major TV and Radio Stations giving them your story. Post his face on You tube and flyers of him and the ordeal with the witness statements and make sure you pay all witnesses for being truthful and forthcoming.

Talk is cheap the only thing these people understand is LAWSUIT. Case Closed!

Oh! and make sure to get paid for your time suffering and lost wages of not being able to go back to work because of shock, humiliations defamation of Character and fear for you and your child’s safety from copycats and people with alike agenda’s towards minority Black women. His behavior demands action for all the obvious reasons. Your child will be the last child he ever slaps in LIFE.

11. Dorian Mode February 17, 2013 at 12:14 pm

I don’t condone what the man did but the question is did the baby shut up. People have the right to travel and not have to listen to a crying baby the whole trip. I would have simply asked for my money back. I should not have to suffer for your unruly brat.

• cheche February 17, 2013 at 2:00 pm

You clearly hate children and I say this because of your reference(unruly,brat,ect)! First of all this child was 18 months old…a baby who like some adult passagers were bothered by the change in cabin pressure! However…adults cope by chewing gum or chewing on candy while BABIES COPE BY CRYING, unless you can give the child a pacifier or they are sleeping! Now I as a parent and a grandparent would have taken the child to the bathroom and tried to comfort the child,but there is no excuse for putting their hands on anyones child regardless of what your personal beliefs are. And yes I would have tap that behind right after I politely ask a passager to hold my child!!!!

• flextime survey February 18, 2013 at 2:51 am

lets get the story straight… this is a half breed child not Black!!!! I don’t consider mixed race children black… I hate this notion that white women can suddenly product a Black child. Can anybody give me an example of a Black women creating a white child. My mother may be the closest but there is still a lite brown hue to my sister that can pass for white.

I hate being around children when I am on a plane. The airlines should make arrangements for people with babies and toddlers. Parents should try not to travel with young ones too or find a way to keep them sleep. I dont understand how come they cant be sedated like they do for dogs.

12. Quineka Pembrook February 17, 2013 at 12:50 pm

And I would have kindly sat my baby down, and f****d dude up. There is no excuse for what he did.

13. rita h. burney February 17, 2013 at 1:19 pm

How dare him touch someone least of all a child. There is enough inappropriate incidents involving children u think he would have known better. He should be sued by the parents of this child and bet he will never touch anyone elses child in life.

14. Joey February 17, 2013 at 1:46 pm

I would have beat his old a*s like a dirty rug. They would have had to arrest me or I would still be thrashing his a*s!!!

15. zack stewart February 17, 2013 at 1:49 pm

I would kick his a*s!

16. cheche February 17, 2013 at 2:04 pm

To the credit of the company this idiot is the president of…he is suspended untill further notice…I don’t know if my workplace would have done the same thing based on him being the top dog!

17. kim February 17, 2013 at 2:26 pm

Wow! and he was charges only with a simple assault for attacking a innocent baby.I would have gotten off that plane,handed my baby to another passenger to hold and kicked his a*s all up and down the run way.Shortly afterwards I would have went to a attorney and sued delta!

18. truthspks February 17, 2013 at 3:14 pm

That cracker better be d**n glad I wasn’t sitting across the aisle. Had I heard him called that little infant a n****r and then slap that child I’m afraid I would have beaten that f*****g cracker to death right on that plane and there wouldn’t have been a d**n thing anyone could have done about. You’ve to understand these coward a*s f*****g crackers pick and choose when they’re going to show their a*s. He felt safe by his surroundings to carry out this act. You can d**n well believe that had a Black man been sitting right across from him he wouldn’t have done s**t. d**n I’m mad I was sitting across from them when this happened. My foot would have been so far up this crackers a*s he be spitting leather.

19. Pastori Balele February 17, 2013 at 3:39 pm

Thank God we have strong Black men in this country. How Blacks would have done if we were the size of Japanese-Americans or Chinese Americans. We would have been in big trouble. Some of these racists brag they are stronger than Blacks. But when it comes to sports or boxing the Black man prevails. Now we have to beat them in class and creativity. That will teach them how to behave. Lord, thanks for creating the Black man strong.

20. Danny Boy February 17, 2013 at 3:46 pm

This is terrible!! My sympathy goes out to the Mother and her child. I applaud her for being so calm; I would not have been under the circumstances!!

Obviously this guy has a problem!! Simple assualt does not fit the crime. He should be charged with a more serious offense than simple assualt. What would the Mother have been charged with IF she had defended her child? Is this justice being served? What if the descent of the flight affected the child’s ear drum as it does even to adults? What is Delta doing about this?

SUE HIS b**t FOR EVERYTHING HE OWNS!! GIVEN HIS PAST HISTORY, THIS HAS TO BE CONSIDERED A HATE CRIME!!

21. Mia February 17, 2013 at 4:30 pm

He wouldn’t have a tooth left in his mouth had that been my child!

22. Right is Right February 17, 2013 at 6:02 pm

These airlines are famous for have racisim conflict on their airlines. Including the stewardists. Ever heard “Monique’s” experience with them?

23. Right is Right February 17, 2013 at 6:24 pm

* * * B R E A K I N G N E W S * * * The baby was adopted. His mother was not a sister. That explains why the man is still alive.

24. David J February 17, 2013 at 7:12 pm

I would still had the seat belt wrapped around my waist when the plane ladned while whooping that AZZ!!

25. Surrealist Chique February 17, 2013 at 8:30 pm

Grand ma voice—loo here…i cried when my baby got his immunization shots—becuz he cried so strongly—-I couldn’t hardly. BE responsible for what woulda happened to that man—-had that been mine!!!! Lawd hep me pls!!!

26. Para. February 17, 2013 at 8:33 pm

Sue his employer also if he was on a business trip, then his employer is liable for his actions ….

27. Pingback: Man Allegedly Slaps Black Baby On A Plane | Baby Healthcare Advice - simple and handy tips for baby healthcare

28. Onesilverbac February 17, 2013 at 9:29 pm

Didn’t the plane land in ATL?? Is the punk locked up in ATL?

Find him! Get him! Give a good talking too him and explain why he shouldn’t ever do this again!

29. Delores February 17, 2013 at 10:02 pm

where is the president comment when you need it . oops i forgot that happen to american black child. no justice no peace.

30. Ish Muhammad February 17, 2013 at 10:46 pm

Code 10 it’s Satan Again! d**n Devils

31. Debra February 17, 2013 at 11:05 pm

Crazy Vamp Doll, I think that you misunderstood what Mr. Williams was trying to say. I think calling him out of his name was uncalled. I’m quite sure the mother didn’t just sat there and said anything. I’ve worked for the Department of Corrections for 25 years. The Bible speaks of spare the rod spoiled the child, believe me if you don’t spank that b**t they will stump that b**t. So a little discipline doesn’t hurt. Some times we can love them to prison or Love them to Death.

32. Bernice February 17, 2013 at 11:42 pm

Dorian Mode, you sound so ignorant. Why don’t you just stop breathing. Right is Right You lost me. I DON’T CARE WHAT COLOR THE BABY OR MOTHER IS . Child abuse is child abuse. Babies suffer on the plan. Just because they can not speak don’t mean that he is ok. As you chew gum to ease your pain. What is going to ease the pain that the baby goes through. Now! I want to know what did the other passengers do about this abuse? (1) sue the air line. (2) child abuse (3) agravated assult (4) humiliated assult on a child. (5) mental angish. (6) hate crime on a child. If this were a white child, what would they have done?? He could have given this child brain damage. America, stop sleeping on the job. Let’s make America beautiful as it was planned. America ” you are getting very ugly.

33. HULLDOGG MAXX February 18, 2013 at 4:03 am

HERE WE AGAIN.GOOD OLD JOE RICKEY HUNDLEY WHO OF THESE LAW ABIDING CITIZENS THAT HE NRA TALKS ABOUT WHO DOES NOT COMMIT HEINOUS CRIMES. WHO HAS A PAST BUT NO PAST THE NEXT THING THAT WE WILL BE HEARING IS THAT NOTHING HAPPEN TO HIM IN COURT. THIS GUT WILL HAVE ANOTHER ANGER MANAGEMENT EPISODE INCIDENT OR MENTAL ILLNESS MELT DOWN INCIDENT. ET HIS GUN AND GET ON AN AIRPLANE AND BEGAN MURDERING PEOPLE. THEN THERE WILL BE A NATIONAL OUT CRY ” OH HOW COULD SUCH A LAW ABIDING CITIZEN DO SUCH A THING”? SUCH A HORRIBLE TRAGEDY ONLY HAPPENS AND IS RESERVED FOR GANGS AND THE MENTALLY ILL PEOPLE TO COMMIT.

34. Pingback: Cry Baby | The Stay-at-Home Feminist Mom

35. Sharen February 18, 2013 at 11:54 am

Here’s more from a reputable newspaper the Atlanta-Journal Constitution:

36. CW February 18, 2013 at 1:28 pm

OMG! This is too unbelievable! I hate violence, but in this instant – like someone said, I would have given my child to someone and beat the holy c**p out of him. I would still be beating him. Lord have mercy!

37. Pingback: Man Allegedly Slaps Black Baby On A Plane

38. 1Mic February 19, 2013 at 8:19 am

Where are black brothers when these types of incidents occur? And why want a sister come and get a brother for help? There would be no need of a woman having to fight any white man that does this to a black child in my presence. Eric sounds like a wimp and maybe he needs to be slapped.

39. darryl pope February 20, 2013 at 5:37 am

**RIOT** Same thing happened in Toledo Ohio at a Golden Corral where a woman shouts “shut that monkey baby up”…The mother end up getting charged and not the perpetrators! Read it below…http://www.toledoblade.com/local/2007/05/15/Mother-in-brawl-claims-child-was-threatened.html

40. Phyllis Felton February 21, 2013 at 10:37 am

Incidents like this, only happens due to Whites adopting Black Babies as “tokens.” Whites should NOT be allowed to adopt our babies, for the simple fact, they haven’t an inkling as to what these kids are going to have to endure. They are not “Black,” so there is nothing (no guidebook), to prepare them as to what to expect from their counterparts, on how Blacks are treated by them!!..It’s sad that they have begun to adopt black babies as a “fashion statement,” like a purse, or a pair of shoes. They (especially, this woman) had no idea that she needed to punch that SOB into the next mellinium!!!…He needed to be beaten to within inches of his sorry a*s life…because our babies NEED OUR PROTECTION from these shifty, heartless, individuals!!..are NOT up to the job!!..God Bless our Children!!

41. Brenda Jones July 4, 2013 at 12:08 pm

I cannot believe this. It really goes against the grain this behavior, slapping a baby in the face because it’s crying. I am too outdone.

42. advice hosting foreign exchange students March 18, 2014 at 2:47 pm

I for all time emailed this website post page to all mmy associates, for the reason that if like to read it then my links ill too.

My web site – advice hosting foreign exchange students