Pastor Raps “Jesus Is My N*gga” In YouTube Video [VIDEO]

Pastor Jim Colerick (pictured) has put together a video he thinks will inspire youth who are seeking the “Christian truth.” The “inspirational message” this man of the cloth is sharing is called “Rapping for Jesus,” reports the Daily Mail. Though, the end of the first verse may make you cringe. Here is the beginning of the song below.

“Well I wrote this song for the Christian youth

“I wanna teach kids the Christian truth.”

“If you wanna reach those kids on the street”

“Then you gotta do a rap, do a hip hop beat.”

“So heed my sermon, an urban kid”

My rhymes are fly, my beats are sick.”

My crew is big and it keeps getting bigger.”

“That’s cause Jesus Christ is my N*gga.

Yes, he said, “Jesus Christ is my N*gga.”

The controversial video, which was uploaded onto YouTube earlier this month by Brian Spinney, could have actually been produced some five years ago.  Spinney created his YouTube account on Jan. 15, the same day that Pastor Colerick’s church, West Dubuque 2nd Church of Christ’s website went live online. The website claims the church closed about nine years ago and Spinney, who reveals he was a high school student at the time, says he produced the video with Colerick and his wife.

source

41 Responses to Pastor Raps “Jesus Is My N*gga” In YouTube Video [VIDEO]

1. J.D. Hill February 17, 2013 at 12:20 am

Yes, we have four fingers pointing right back at ourselves if we Blacks accuse this preacher of anything but copying what rappers do actually say in public, on C.D.’s, and for millions of dollars from millions of listeners.
    Might be about time for Black folk to stop letting “n***a” be a fighting word. Not justifying the old White preacher, but I can’t condemn him either.

2. marcus davis February 17, 2013 at 12:29 am

What the h**l does one expect ,when these stupid rappers are forever using these types of phrases.

• Super Sis February 18, 2013 at 12:37 pm

You are right about the RAPPERS who use so many vile, foul lyrics…including the “NWORD”….. and other derogatory language…calling women “ho’s” and other ugly things. What do we expect?

And the toxic language spills over into our communities…where many of the youth….Black, Latino, White and others say the same words. I was coming out of a store one day…and there were some teens standing around out front…. mixed race of kids…and they were calling each other “my n-i-g-g-a-h”…
      Yes, even the WHITE ONES were saying it. They try to talk like they are GANGSTAHS or thugs. It’s really pitiful, since many of them are reading at 3rd grade level when in high schoo.

Rapping, poetry, jazz…and all that has roots in ancient Africa…but it was not used to degrade people. It was used to inspire, teach, and uplift. These rappers are out of control…and their mental problems are contagious.

Just take a look at what is going on in big cities like Chicago…Detroit and other places — where the GANGSTAHS have made living in peace nearly impossible.

Suggested book = BEWARE OF TOXIC MINDS
      (amazon.com)

3. GODschild February 17, 2013 at 12:31 am

This is so stupid and not funny …..what. would be funny is when he stands before GOD and Jesus is judging, the Jesus says to the left my n****r I never knew you. People better stop mocking our creator and start praising him.

• Regina February 18, 2013 at 9:06 pm

Your post is very stupid. Jesus does not judge anyone. Can the NT and drop the Jesus act. Xtanity contradicts G’d's law in the OT.

4. troy williams February 17, 2013 at 11:43 am

There is nothing to be said on this issue, “we” started using the term in the music industry so why should “we” be offended when he uses it, just because he isn’t black, or one of “us”.

5. Bishop Ron Allen/IFBC February 17, 2013 at 12:05 pm

I really don’t know what to say?

6. BUBBLES February 17, 2013 at 12:41 pm

I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THAT BEFORE LO!

7. kim February 17, 2013 at 2:29 pm

Goody!I know there is a chair waiting just for him in the fires of h**l!

8. Codrington C. Dapp February 17, 2013 at 3:17 pm

Not only is this very blasphemous, it is also very insulting to black people everywhere.

• BigWill February 18, 2013 at 12:28 am

@Codrington C. Dapp- why do you consider this “insulting to black people everywhere” when AA’s call each other ni@@er all day, every day.

9. Rhay February 17, 2013 at 4:16 pm

The sad truth is, if this was a black person singing this I’d accept it..I wouldn’t like it, but I’d accept it..what does that say about me and the times we live in..?

• BigWill February 18, 2013 at 12:31 am

@Rhay- at lest you’re being honest. Most won’t take responsibility for their feelings or actions.

10. Pingback: Pastor Raps “Jesus Is My N*gga” In YouTube Video [VIDEO] | YNaija

11. vps March 14, 2013 at 11:19 am

This post is great. I realy love it!

12. Alex g October 14, 2013 at 7:24 am

It’s just bc he’s white as usual.