8 Things I Wish They Taught Us In High School
Its that time of the year again. In just a few short weeks you will begin to see the balloons, cards and flowers afixed on your neighbor’s doors congratulating the proud students who are walking the aisles. It is both a proud and scary moment all in one.
I came out of high school many years ago. But the foundational issues facing recent graduates haven’t changed much since I was there. Once you leave high school, life gets REAL! Here are a few things I personally wished I was taught while they prepared me for the real world.
(1) Relationships are designed to come and go, stop freaking out about everyone else.
(2) You will not always get what you want because life does not play favorites.
(3) Some people will take and take and take without giving back. The trick is not to make it permanent.
(4) Its no one elses job to change you, that’s your responsibility.
(5) You will fail sometimes, get over it.
(6) The uncontrollables of life will delay you sometimes. Plan for those delays.
(7) Tomorrow will some day run out, live and budget accordingly.
(8) Others will have more than you, but that’s ok. Life isn’t a contest or race.
The great news is, whether you are fresh out of school or like me, you have been finding your way for many years. Wisdom has no experation date! Take these principles and use them as a tool to navigate through the many pitfalls life will throw your way.
See you at the TOP!
Transition / Adjustment Specialist