Wendy Williams: “You Bullied Whitney Houston” [VIDEO]

Janet Hubert, the beloved original “Aunt Viv” on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, has had enough of talk show host Wendy Williams’ crocodile tears over her favorite target, Whitney Houston, and has written an open letter calling Williams’ on her hypocrisy, reports Eurweb.com.

In 2003, Williams and Houston had an intense argument over Whitney’s drug abuse, finances and Williams’ incessant need to insult the legend at every turn.

But when Houston died on February 11, 2012, in the Beverly Hilton Hotel, Williams was the first to cry huge crocodile tears on her show and talk about how much she loved her.

Hubert isn’t buying it though. In an open letter to Wendy Williams, she calls her out for tearing down her sisters when she should be building them up, urging her to “do better.”

Dear Wendy,

This past weekend was a very difficult time for so many of us.

Though I never knew Whitney Houston, I felt a profound sense of loss and sadness. On Sunday morning I took my dog for a walk in the park across the street and still could not shake the sadness I felt. I wondered if what I was feeling was perhaps related to losing my mother and brother this past year, but then I thought no, it was something else.

I watched the funeral service with the rest of the world, and cried time and time again with each story that was told. I felt like I knew more about this amazing woman than ever before. We all watched her as a little girl, center stage, singing like a bird, she was destined for superstardom. To watch her center stage full circle in death was a feeling no mother should ever have to feel. I applaud Ms. Warwick, the pastor, and all others who formed a police line of love and protection around her that was impenetrable only to those who really knew her. We, the public accepted their decision to keep it private, but they allowed us to witness her Home Going ceremony, I don’t know if I could have been so gracious. WE felt like we knew her and we knew nothing about her except what we read and hear from people like you and other media outlets. I listened to her interview with you and was compelled to say out loud. “Go on Whitney tell her like it is,” when you pried into her life back then. I had my son in the same year as Ms. Houston; we did Ebony Magazine that same year, she introducing her baby girl and me my son. I am trying to be dignified, but here goes.

Source

13 Responses to Wendy Williams: “You Bullied Whitney Houston” [VIDEO]

1. blkgalusa February 22, 2012 at 4:19 am

Enough already!!!

2. BlackBeauty February 22, 2012 at 5:06 am

Ms. Hubert needs to stop with trying to put herself out there!

She has no room to talk about Ms. WIlliams not supporting our sister when in fact she dogged out our “brother” at every opportunity for the world to read about! The same borther that gave her an opportunity to earn thousands each week!

As she stated she did not know Whitney, nor Wendy. Her grief is noted, as we all had great sorrow for Whitney’s passing, but this is not the time to try to slide in any promotion of one’s self!

This self-rightous woman, who came to Hollywood to work and turned her ” I come from NY and the theatre” nose up at everyone she worked with needs to give it a rest.

Frankly, no one really cares what Ms. Hubert thinks.

3. Olin Ross February 22, 2012 at 6:16 am

Frankly nobody give a dame what Wendy or you care either…..Wendy Williams is that t**d that got out of that cesspool when it over flooded….

• BlackBeauty February 22, 2012 at 6:42 am

Wow!
      Classy remark, and what does that make you, hood-rat!

4. No Name Nigg February 22, 2012 at 2:47 pm

“F$%k Windy Williams and I pray for help, on the next d**k down your throat, for turning on me”

5. Trish February 23, 2012 at 12:31 am

I agree with Janet Hubert and then I don’t. I agree that as a people we need to stop tesring each other down, lift each other up. Blacks are the only race in this country that do not stick together, no matter our differences. Black on Black crime is at an all time high. I was watching an old video from 1989 called “Self Destru.ction” and what they were talking about then is still true today, 23 years later. “Self-destruction, you’re headed for self-destruction”. When I look at how we do each other, how we don’t love each other, support each other, use each other, tear each other down, I believe we are headed for self-destruction, annihalating each other until the race is no more and this saddens me. ,But all I can do is be the best person I can be, lead by example and hope somehow, it catches, on to someone other than my children. Now in reference to Wendy tearing down Whitney, do I agree with it ? No..but at the same token Wendy has not done anything worse than any other talk show host, they all do it, Dave Letterman, Conan, Jay Leno, Joan Rivers, etc.., this is how they esrn their living poking fun at others, using what is already in the news to their advantage. Such is the life of a celebrity. It is the paparazzi that help build up an entertainers career, at the same token it is the paparazzi that can tear it down once that career is on the downswing. This is the price of FAME. Yes celebrities deserve their privacy, as individuals, but once you are famous, you become a commodity for public consumption. The more famous you are, the better roles you get, the more money you can make and the more you will have people catering to your every wish because they want that big tip, their cut of the commodity like everyone else does. When the hits quit coming, the roles dry up, nobody wants you when you’re down and out. So is Wendy really the blame for the way things are done in “show business?” Not really, she is just another cog in the wheel of so called entertainment. I loved Whitney Houston too. I was crying like a baby along with the rest o f the world at the sad loss of a great talent, though I didnt know her personally I felt I did. The media as a whole has not been kind to Whitney in the past 10 or 11 years, because her star wasnt as bright as it used to be. Her admitted problems didn’t help, but I never judged her because she was a human being and subjected to making mistakes like the rest of us. So is Wendy. So is whoever it was in Whitneys circle who took a picture of her in her coffin and sold it to the National Enquirer. Personally I am not going to purchase it and I urge all of you not to do so as well. This is how we can truly support Whitney. And lets move on.

• BlackBeauty February 23, 2012 at 12:48 am

“So is Wendy. So is whoever it was in Whitneys circle who took a picture of her in her coffin and sold it to the National Enquirer. Personally I am not going to purchase it and I urge all of you not to do so as well. This is how we can truly support Whitney. And lets move on.”

Absolutely agree with you!

6. ReneldaMoorehead February 23, 2012 at 8:24 am

Opinions. Opinions. We all have them. Listening to the radio broadcast of Wendy Williams with Whitney was surprising. I thought Wendy was excellent. I felt such anger in Whitney. Whitney
    did not behave so defensively with Diane Sawyer. WE all have our bad days. But Wendy seems
    sincere on her show when talking about her love for Whitney. I felt her tears were genuine.
    WE who loved WHITNEY HOUSTON’S SINGING AND ACTING are grieving. It will take time not to
    grieve. I just imagine what those who were close to her and loved Whitney are feeling. May we all be
    strengthened in God’s Love.

7. trhltraining February 24, 2012 at 8:33 pm

Wendy is trying to remake herself because she wants to take Oprah’s place. When she was on the radio she was rude & disrespectful. She outed Portia De Rossi during an interview, she was extremely “messy”. Now that she is on television she is trying to supress who she really is.

8. Zoe March 1, 2012 at 4:57 am

I could speak and think “hatred” about Wendy endlessly but she doesn’t warrant expending the “negative energy.” The best way is to simply “ignore her” and not watch her TV show or buy any of her products now sold on QVC. I knew Whitney personally and the best way to remember her is in the heart. She certainly was “The Voice of the 21st Century” but more importantly, she was a human being who is now in the arms of her Creator.

9. Linda M. Ballard March 4, 2012 at 11:34 pm

There is a lot of comments of hurt and pain at this site. I wrote a TRIBUTE to Whitney Houston. Her trials and Tribulation is Now a Tribute. A door is not closed but is now open to help us to reflect on our lives and will give us the opportunity to run a MARATHON. Visit http://nldrecognition.wordpress.com. May You find Peace In My Words. NLD Mom/cancer survivor

10. Linda M. Ballard March 4, 2012 at 11:37 pm

The Tribute to WHITNEY HOUSTON is THE DASH BEFORE THE DISTANCE. Visit http://nldrecognition.wordpress.com. NLD Mom/cancer survivor

11. kitchen scramble hack tool activation key.txt November 15, 2013 at 1:41 pm

Farmville farms even include free gift that is especially designed for the neighbors on their farm
    visit. The popular epub format is written in XHTML,
    which is nothing but an advanced version of HTML. frame pieces, hardware
    pieces, backboard pieces, scorekeeper pieces, etc.